JAMB UTME e-Registration has commenced
JAMB UTME Registration: 2014/2015 Exams Guidelines and Instructions | Hello Nigerians, Registration for the 2014/2015 JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME, for admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria has started.
JAMB has done its official 2014 UTME Registration Portal/website; and the portal is now active and waiting for you to use. With the success, JAMB is well set to offer its online Registration Scratch cards to candidates for accessing the e-registration portal/website.
Carefully peruse through the official JAMB announcement below.
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) 2014/2015 UTME Application Guide
JAMB UTME Registration | The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) invites applicants from suitably well qualified candidates for admission into Nigeria Tertiary Institutions through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for the 2014/2015 academic session which will be on Computer Based Test (CBT) with the option of Dual Based Test (DBT) and Paper Pencil Test (PPT).
2.0 Registration Periodor Time
2.1 Please note that the registration period is 4th November, 2013 to 14th March, 2014 and the website will shotdown or closes on Tuesday, 25th March, 2014.
3.0 Entry Requirements
3.1 The entry requirements (general) approved for admission into the First Degree, National Diploma (ND), National Innovation Diploma (MD), and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes in ressective Universities, other Degree-Awarding Institutions, Monotechnics, Polytechnics, Innovation Enterprise Institutes and Colleges of Education are included in the Brochure which accompanies registration materials.
3.2 Note that a matriculated student in any university is not fit and eligible to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) except those who are transferring from foreign Universities.
3.3 Entry by Direct Application (DE)
Applicants with one of the following qualifications may be elegible for admission by Direct Entry:
- Minimum of five (5) subjects passed at not more than two sittings with at least two at the Principal or Advanced level of the G.C.E. and the others, at credit level of the SSCE/GCE, NTC/NBC. No subject shall be regarded at both Ordinary and Advanced levels.
- Two passes at the LIMB Advanced Level Examination or Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognised and well know institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS).
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.S.C.E, NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses). Education may be accepted as a third A’Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
4.0 Issues of Change of Courses and/or Institutions.
- Change of course(s) and/or institutions will be allowed by the Board after the release of results.
- Fee for change of course(s) and/or institutions is N2,500.00 (Two Thousand, Five Hundred Naira).
5.0 The Date and Venue for the 2014 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination
- The date for the examination is Saturday, 5th April, 2014 for Paper Pencil Test (PPT) and Dual Based Test (DBT). The date for Computer Based Test (CBT) will be announced later in our next update.
- Venue of the examination will be at the candidates’ chosen town during on-line registration.
6.0 Registration Fees
6.1 The Registration fee for the 2014 Unified Tertiary Matriculation
Examination is (N4,000) only payable in cash in any of the approved banks listed below:
- Union Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Skye Bank Plc
6.2 Application documents can also be gotten from any of JAMB Offices across the country with Bank Draft addressed to THE REGISTRAR, JAMB and made payable in Abuja.
7.0 Registration Documents.
Not that at the point of purchase of the e-registration scratch cards, the following documents shall be made available for collection by each and every candidate.
- Writing Materials and Calculator. These should be brought to the examination centre on the day of the examination.
- Syllabus for the examination in soft copy.
- Guidelines on admission (Brochure) in soft and hard copies, detailing list of Tertiary Institutions and available programmes of study.
7.1 Please note that the items listed above are at NO EXTRA cost to the candidates.
8.0 Registration Centres
- The Board contain the list of accredited cyber-cafes throughout the country from the National Communication Commission (NCC).
- Any cyber-cafe owners who are interested in the UTME registration exercise should visit JAMB’s website for necessary documentation.
- Documentation of cyber-cafes is compulsory as it is being introduced to prevent fraudulent acts that can jeopardise the interest of the applicants.
- Candidates are advised to register at such cyber-cafés only for a fee not more than Seven Hundred Naira (N700.00).
9.0 General Information
- Candidates should study the guidelines on admission before registration.
- Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another scratch card.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image or photograph will be embossed on their result slips and admission letters.
- The registration fee, is not refundable once paid.
- Registration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is On-line (via internet) and all applicants are advised to register by themselves. All required information must be provided.
- Applicants are advised to read and understand the instructions on how to complete the on-line registration before visiting any cybercafé that has flatbed scanner or digital camera to handle passport photograph capture.
- Candidates can access the Board’s website on www.jamb.org.ng for registration using the registration scratch card. Registration can be done on the website at anytime within the stipulated registration period through any of the accredited and authorised internet cafes.
- Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study or method of testing, they will also be tested on these two general books.
- The Successors by Jerry Agada.And also
- The Potter’s Wheel by Chukwuemeka Ike
JAMB UTME Registration - Candidates are to note that there will be no extension of the date of registration.
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board
Suleja Road, Bwari,
P.M.B. 189, Gark1, Abuja, Nigeria.
Phone: 07031283662, 08080116631,08072522813, 07031283713.
11, Ojora Road, Ikoyi
PMB 12748, Lagos
JAMB UTME Registration: 2014/2015 Exams Guidelines and Instructions